• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost PDF, and time anomaly
Thanks for the explanation. Still a mystery why the database link to the file displayed black when the file (according to Companion) was really there. Any thoughts on that?

I intentionally do not use folders. and do enable MSP to create unique file names. I do all my file management on my PC, with every file precisely named per a format that is very helpful (Song Tltle [Key] SourceID.pdf) so a duplicate file name MUST be a true duplicate file. So there must be another explanation for two identical files seeming to exist. Is Companion actually reading the tablet storage, or just believing what the database says?

I never noticed the Swap File right-click, didn't occur to me to look there when the typical action is to drag-and-drop. In that situation the Replace dialog is confusing, because I thought it behaved like dragging a file in Windows, where Replace really means it, and creates a duplicate (with appended number) only when instructed (somehow).

Local time vs. UTC, your choice, I know the overhead needed to convert on the fly. But even if it is not adjusted as Windows does, timestamp display should be consistent within MSP and Companion or it's more confusing than helpful.
-- John

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 (SM-T900) Android 5.1.1

Messages In This Thread
Ghost PDF, and time anomaly - by musichawk - 06-17-2016, 06:20 AM
RE: Ghost PDF, and time anomaly - by Zubersoft - 06-17-2016, 06:35 AM
RE: Ghost PDF, and time anomaly - by Zubersoft - 06-17-2016, 06:53 AM
RE: Ghost PDF, and time anomaly - by musichawk - 06-17-2016, 07:18 AM
RE: Ghost PDF, and time anomaly - by Zubersoft - 06-18-2016, 05:05 AM