• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PDF page size issue
I've run into a small issue with MobileSheets not showing page content beyond standard letter size pages...the pages are cut off.
The PDFs display the complete pages just fine on my computer.

I am creating my music pages in MSWord, and then exporting/printing them as PDFs.
For convenience I have (in some cases) adjusted the page size for some songs to a non-standard size (greater than 8.5 x 11) to make verses or verses+choruses fit on a page.
I am importing the songs using the companion app, with automatic cropping.
Now I am noticing the pages are cut-off at the bottom, and there doesn't seem to be any means to 'recover' the cut-off portion by adjusting the cropping on the tablet(s).

At this point it won't be too difficult or time consuming to re-adjust the page sizes of the songs that have this issue (and then re-export and re-import them...only 26x5 songs), but naturally I was wondering if there was some way to avoid this, and alert others to not make PDFs with odd page sizes.

Steve
I could be wrong, it happened once before.
I'm not sure, but you might try the zoom/pan settings. It's in the overlay>square with 2 mountains icon on the lower left.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
(07-14-2016, 11:39 AM)Steve B. Wrote: For convenience I have (in some cases) adjusted the page size for some songs to a non-standard size (greater than 8.5 x 11) to make verses or verses+choruses fit on a page.

It seems that you are making lead sheets (lyrics + chords). Have you considered to use the ChordPro format instead? This will give you lead sheets that are still transposable and that can be very flexibly formatted directly in MSPro.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(07-14-2016, 06:29 PM)sciurius Wrote:
(07-14-2016, 11:39 AM)Steve B. Wrote: For convenience I have (in some cases) adjusted the page size for some songs to a non-standard size (greater than 8.5 x 11) to make verses or verses+choruses fit on a page.

It seems that you are making lead sheets (lyrics + chords). Have you considered to use the ChordPro format instead? This will give you lead sheets that are still transposable and that can be very flexibly formatted directly in MSPro.

Thanks for the suggestion, but ChordPro doesn't work for me. I'm creating song sheets for many different stringed instruments and need the image of how to form the chord, not just the name.  I'm not good enough to remember how to form a *Gm* on seven different instruments, at least not yet...
After more investigation, I've discovered the problem is with Microsoft 'Print to PDF', which only seems able to output letter-size pages, no matter what the settings.

I'l be looking elsewhere for a solution to that problem, unless anyone here has a suggestion?

Steve
You could try LibreOffice Writer (replaces WinWord and can create PDF files) or PDFCreater (acts like a printer but creates PDFs instead of printing)
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

(07-14-2016, 11:08 PM)itsme Wrote: You could try LibreOffice Writer (replaces WinWord and can create PDF files) or PDFCreater (acts like a printer but creates PDFs instead of printing)

Thanks for that suggestion as well!

I've decided I was just being too anal about the pagination on my word documents...it doesn't really matter! (I've just set all documents to 'Letter' paper size, and nothing gets cut-off in the conversion to PDF)

When the PDFs are imported and cropped, it all flows together just like it should, so there really is no issue with the final product as displayed on the tablet(s). Which, of course, is what's important!  Cool