• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets On The New Android App Supported Chromebooks?
What I've done as far as importing new pdf files and doing a backup is to save my files off my pc to Google Drive.  I then open up drive on my tablet and import them to MSPRO from there. Same with backup.  

Now I have a new challenge.  I bought the Acer R13 Flip chromebook during the recent Amazon sales.  I was confused at first because I couldn't load in Android apps, but after reading realized I needed to switch to Beta Stream.  Then I was able to load in MSPRO and restore my files from backup which was on Google Drive.  

I'm having trouble getting my PDF's to align properly in PRO in regards to orientation.  I'll keep trying various settings both in the Chrome Book itself, and with settings in MSPRO.  However if anyone has figured this out, it would save me a lot of time. With my ancient Samsung tablet, I usually used a portrait orientation which worked perfectly from the git go.  My problem with the Samsung tablet was that blue tooth connectivity was really buggy with everything, including my page switching pedal.  

(06-16-2017, 08:58 AM)Starboard-leeward Wrote: For anyone interested, I just got a Samsung Chromebook Pro I have Mobile Sheets up, imported all my sheets from a backup on my other tablet, and it is working fine!  The Pro has a great display tyhat is super readable and very snappy performance.

I'm using an Acer Chromebook R13, but I'm much less happy with it than you seem to be.  In particular, I have the following problems:

The 13" screen has a resolution of 1920x1080.  This replaces the 1600x900 screen on the 13" Toshiba tablet I'd been using (until it died recently), and in general it looks great -- except that the higher resolution makes the interface elements in MobileSheets too small to read comfortably, and in some cases too small to touch accurately.

Also I've found that the way that Android apps are implemented in ChromeOS breaks my workflow for importing new songs.  On my tablet I used an Android app to rysnc new PDF files from my Linux desktop computer; in ChromeOS that application is broken, and so are all the other ones I've tried.  (Yes, I know that incoming connections are broken because Android is NATted in ChromeOS, but the rsync application originates the connection on the Chromebook.)  The upshot is that the only way I've found to import new songs is to put the PDF on a USB stick.  That's annoying but not a show-stopper -- but then I have the same problem with backups, which I used to send to Linux with rsync.  Now I have to copy the full backup file onto the USB stick, then copy it again from USB to Linux.

May I ask whether you've encountered these issues on the Samsung, and if so, how you're handling them?

Messages In This Thread
RE: MobileSheets On The New Android App Supported Chromebooks? - by musicalrx - 07-16-2017, 03:05 AM