• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Page order for JPGs and Imported song title
Changing the page order from a file page ordering to a song page ordering is a pretty big design change, and could impact a lot of users, so I definitely want to hear from as many people as possible before making any changes. The change would only affect users who have added multiple PDFs each with their own custom page ordering, so I need to get a sense for the number of people that actually do that. I do think a song page ordering could become more difficult to use and confusing in certain contexts, especially when using multiple files, but I don't have a sense for the number of users that do this regularly. The one thing that seems more difficult to me is if I have two PDFs each with a lot of pages (say I'm combining multiple real books each with 200+ pages), the user then has to perform the math to figure out what the page ordering is for each file in terms of the total page numbers. So they might want page 57 of the first file, but page 62 of the second file, so they have to know that they need to add the total number of pages from the first file to figure out what page 62 of the second file is. If there are more than two files then it just gets more complex and confusing. It also might be confusing that the page order would be in terms of the total number of pages in each file, but the total number of the pages in the song is a reflection of the combined number of pages used in the page ordering. The question is whether more of my users are going to be using multiple image files and will want to use custom page orderings for those, or if more of my users combine multiple PDFs, which means the current implementation is easier to use.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Page order for JPGs and Imported song title - by Zubersoft - 10-14-2016, 02:55 AM