• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Page order for JPGs and Imported song title
I think most of us are in agreement that MSP is awesome, and so is Mike (Zuberman). :-)

Thanks for elaborating on your suggestions even if most of us aren't in favour. I think most of us don't see a big problem/need, because the majority of the songs has only one file and use PDF anyway (at least in my collection).

I still think you would benefit from trying another workflow for your image import.
It's really much more comfortable to photograph from within MSP since you can click away and the images are neatly sorted in the file tab. I noticed that MSP counts normally like page 1/5 in the song view for these as well, so I still think a custom page order isn't necessary and it's intuitive as it is now.

You have a workable song already right now. But why not print this song to PDF at once with the built-in PDF printer and exchange this with the image file or import that? With a minute more effort you have a multiple PDF and all the benefits of the custom page order to crop, duplicate and order away.

And yes, the csv way of importing multi PDFs results in multiple song entries in the database which all refer to the (respective pages of the) one source file. That's one of the most appealing features of MSP to me so one does not to have to split real book collections etc.

Minor last item: The term page order is on point imho. You're just not thinking “PDF“. Initially it was for ordering multi page PDF e.g. for correcting a wrong scan order or to duplicate and rearrange page order for repeats, segnos and codas. The use for csv song creation came later and reused that functionality.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Page order for JPGs and Imported song title - by BRX - 10-15-2016, 06:52 AM