• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allow add suffix during bulk Import
@itsme

I'm not sure "separating the files in folders for each group" will satisfy my needs needs - I have an ancient windows pc (my problem I know) that doesn't really understand the android file system and I am therefore letting MS "manage the files"  - I told you I'm a newbie!

I can valid reasons in not knowing that MS will not change the file names but I was suggesting it as optional and not compulsory i.e. a suffix would only be added if the user requested it.

@BRX

Your suggested method of working implies that the user is "managing the files" themselves so is not suitable for me unless I update my pc. I must admit that, as an ex software developer,  I would prefer to "manage the files" but I suspect this is not a realistic proposition for users who have limited computer skills.

@both

Thank you very much for replying to this thread. I have a working method for myself and am happy to let the matter rest (a future development may make it superfluous anyway).
I also suspect that, as I gain more experience with the program, I will end up reinitializing/reloading my database to take advantage of the features that MS offers.

Cheers
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allow add suffix during bulk Import - by BRX - 02-20-2017, 11:39 PM
RE: Allow add suffix during bulk Import - by Geoff Bacon - 02-21-2017, 01:38 AM
RE: Allow add suffix during bulk Import - by BRX - 02-21-2017, 07:40 AM