• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
loading multiple songs
Hi, New to this forum but having a lot of trouble loading songs into my android tablet. (both scanned images in jpg format or pdf fake books). Everything I have tried ends up with one song with multiple pages. This makes it very hard to locate an individual song.
Even doing it via the companion I can only get a single song in if I load each one separately. . Help!!
Donsch1
PDF fake books are definitely more challenging if you want to break it up into lots of individual songs. I have some ideas for supporting these in the future, but I would have to get my hands on all of the fake books first so that I would know how to break them up (and recognize when one is being added). In the mean time, you can create one song with the PDF fake book, and set the start and end pages so that it only uses one page. My advice is to then press and hold on this song in your library, and say "Create Song From This", change the title and start and end pages, and it will create another song from a different point in the book. I realize this is tedious, but there aren't a lot of options that don't involve manual user input, unless I build support into the app for each fakebook, or I provide some sort of support for users to provide indexing for specific PDFs (a list of start and end pages and metadata for each song in the fakebook), and then all the users could just share these and use them during song creation.

You can also just convert the entire fakebook to image files using the companion app, but I imagine that would result in a LOT of files. This would give you the ability to create songs from those individual files though, but would require a lot more disk space than using the PDF.

Lastly, you can use bookmarks to break up the large PDFs so that you can quickly jump to certain pages. I'm going to add support at some point to automatically process the table of contents of a PDF and insert bookmarks based on it. I also want to add a library screen that allows you to view bookmarks from every song, so you can sort on these like you would song titles.

I hope that helps.
Mike
Thanks Mike, will keep trying with the pdf files. The first batch of scanned sheet music images (JPG) loaded in as individual songs, but the next batch would only load as one song which included all the other images, not sure what I did differently but will try again and keep looking.
Using batch import with image files can be a little tricky, as it will keep adding images until it reaches the end of the directory or a non-image file type. I might try adding some code in the future to try and detect how to break up image files in one directory better. In the mean time, your best bet is to put all of the images for each song in sub-directories, enable the parse sub-directory option, and disable the option to use the sub-directory for metadata option (these are the default settings I believe). If you do this, and it parses sub-directories, it will create songs out of each subdirectory, allowing you to group images as you see fit.