• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backing Files to SD Card
If you want to save files to a removable SD card with Android 5.0+, there is only one directory that MobileSheetsPro is currently allowed to write to. That directory is <extSdCard path>/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files. That means if you browse to the root of your removable SD card, you would have to create the Android folder (if it doesn't exist), then data, then com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro, and then files. You can then save anything you want in that folder. I recognize that this isn't very convenient, so I'm working on adding support for the new API Google introduced that allows my app to write to any location on a removable SD card once the user has chosen it and provided authorization to my app. The way this will work is that users will have to first designate the SD card in the settings, which gives my app authorization to access and write to it, and then it will be possible to create backups on it or set a folder on the SD card as the storage location. I'm not sure how much slower file access will be using that new API - I'm hoping it doesn't slow down things like library backups which involve a lot of file I/O.

Messages In This Thread
Backing Files to SD Card - by DaveD - 02-24-2017, 03:03 AM
RE: Backing Files to SD Card - by Steve B. - 02-24-2017, 11:35 AM
RE: Backing Files to SD Card - by DaveD - 02-24-2017, 08:34 PM
RE: Backing Files to SD Card - by Skip - 02-25-2017, 02:58 AM
RE: Backing Files to SD Card - by Zubersoft - 02-25-2017, 03:50 AM
RE: Backing Files to SD Card - by DaveD - 02-26-2017, 10:09 AM
RE: Backing Files to SD Card - by Zubersoft - 03-07-2017, 03:33 PM