• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Lost settings and some songs
#1
I have had no trouble with Mobilesheets until now. I am now using it on a Windows 10 laptop and have been doing so for about three months. I was able to import my songs and settings, no problem. 

I was trying to import a song from Dropbox this morning and it told me that the copy failed. I thought it was possibly due to the storage location. (The laptop previously belonged to our daughter and the user name where the AppData was located was hers.) I decided to change the storage location to a folder in my documents. It moved the files successfully, or so I thought. When I went back, some of the songs were there, but not all. And my settings were completely basic. None of the changes I had made to suit my own taste were there. I have even tried to change the storage location back to the original folder, but to no avail.

I am at a loss.
Reply
#2
The only reason I can think that some files weren't moved is if they were locked. Did you try to move the storage location after loading songs, and the files used by those songs were the ones that weren't moved? Or was there any other pattern to which files were moved and which weren't? 

As for the settings files, I am very confused by why that happened. Changing the storage location should have no impact on the settings files. They are always stored in the default storage location (the application data folder). Did you happen to go back to that original directory and verify that the settings files (*.xml) were still there? You didn't manipulate any of the directories or files in the storage location yourself, did you? If you just copied your PDFs, that's okay, but if you moved the entire LocalState directory for example, that would cause the problems you described.

Mike
Reply
#3
(12-03-2017, 02:20 AM)Zuberman Wrote: The only reason I can think that some files weren't moved is if they were locked. Did you try to move the storage location after loading songs, and the files used by those songs were the ones that weren't moved? Or was there any other pattern to which files were moved and which weren't? 

As for the settings files, I am very confused by why that happened. Changing the storage location should have no impact on the settings files. They are always stored in the default storage location (the application data folder). Did you happen to go back to that original directory and verify that the settings files (*.xml) were still there? You didn't manipulate any of the directories or files in the storage location yourself, did you? If you just copied your PDFs, that's okay, but if you moved the entire LocalState directory for example, that would cause the problems you described.

Mike

The only thing I did was tell MobileSheets to change the storage location. And I wasn't clear enough on the original location of the settings file in Windows 10 to determine if the file was still in place.

As for losing songs, I was mistaken, I think. The one song I was looking for was there, under the correct name. I was thinking it was named something different. It was about 3 AM, so..... Blush

I have since removed and reinstalled the program and imported the songs again. Everything seems to be in place and I just had to set everything up the way I wanted.
Reply


Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)


  Theme © 2014 iAndrew  
Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2018 MyBB Group.