• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating network for tablets to join for Master/Slave
Thanks for all the replies.

I couldn't get the MR3020 to setup a network (renaming SSID with new password) and have the tablets NOR my MacBook join. 

For whatever reason, my iPhone won't allow me to setup a HotSpot (I have an unlimited plan and AT&T doesnt allow it).

I tried to create a network from my MacBook Pro but the tablets couldn't ever see it.

I purchased an Airport Express. I figured that would be SOLID.

I created a network. All the tablets joined with no problem. Its a GREAT signal.

I will set one of my tablets as the Master and have all the other tablets join.

None of the tablets can keep connected to "Group 1".  Some will stay connected to Group 1 for a while but never once has all the tablets been able to stay connected. I constantly get a "reconnecting to Group 1". Which, in turn, leaves the tablets out of sync.

Anyone else having this issue?

I did a gig tonight for the first time trying Master/Slave. It was a trio ... I had 2 tablets running ... mine (master) and the drummers (slave).
The slave tablet wouldn't stay connected to Group 1 while connected to my Airport Wifi.
I had to connect them via Bluetooth. We were only a few feet away so I had to try it. It worked. Not flawlessly ... but it got us by for the gig.

Is there some setting I'm missing with Android devices? Losing connection to the Group constantly doesnt seem right Sad

All my tablets are on Android 5.

thanks!
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creating network for tablets to join for Master/Slave - by dallaskruse - 12-10-2017, 04:05 PM