• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connection of MIDI Device
Hello there,

it seems that after installation of one of the recent updates the behaviour of mobilesheets has changed when a MIDI device is connected.
Since then it always asks for permission to give access rights for my MIDI device every time i plug it in (Grant MobileSheets access to (...device...)?).
That's pretty annoying especially because it's always the same device I connect.
Is there a way to store the granted permission for every future connection?
Thanks in advance for any help,
Enni
Please see this forum thread: https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/f...11203.html

I changed things so that the intent filter was removed and MobileSheets is no longer registered as the app to handle MIDI connections (which has a checkbox to remember the selection). Now it just asks for permission when a MIDI device is connected. I can't have it both ways though - I either have to go back to the way it was (causing issues for users like the one in that thread) or I have to have it the way it is now where it prompts users to approve the connection. If I get one user that asks for it one way, and another user that asks for it another way, that's not going to give me enough information to know what is going to benefit most users the most. So I need more people to provide feedback.

On a side note, if you go to Settings->MIDI Settings->Configure MIDI Connections and switch to the "Google" MIDI library, you have to select the input and output ports to connect to, but there is no prompt at all when connecting a device. I would actually prefer most users use the Google MIDI library, but I don't want to set it as the default as that could cause confusion for some users.

Mike
(04-19-2024, 10:07 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Please see this forum thread: https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/f...11203.html

I changed things so that the intent filter was removed and MobileSheets is no longer registered as the app to handle MIDI connections (which has a checkbox to remember the selection). Now it just asks for permission when a MIDI device is connected. I can't have it both ways though - I either have to go back to the way it was (causing issues for users like the one in that thread) or I have to have it the way it is now where it prompts users to approve the connection. If I get one user that asks for it one way, and another user that asks for it another way, that's not going to give me enough information to know what is going to benefit most users the most. So I need more people to provide feedback.

On a side note, if you go to Settings->MIDI Settings->Configure MIDI Connections and switch to the "Google" MIDI library, you have to select the input and output ports to connect to, but there is no prompt at all when connecting a device. I would actually prefer most users use the Google MIDI library, but I don't want to set it as the default as that could cause confusion for some users.

Mike

OK, thanks for that, Mike.
I switched to the "Google MIDI Library", that works for me as desired

Thanks again, Mike.
Enni
I'm glad that the Google MIDI library will work for you. Thanks for following up.

Mike