• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information for beta testing library sync feature
I'm working on adding logging so hopefully we can gather more information about what isn't working after that. I only tested merging fairly small/simple libraries (because it made repeated testing much easier).  The database size shouldn't really be a problem, but it's certainly going to take a long time to go through every song/file with a library of that size (because if any file modifications are detected, it has to perform a hash calculation on each file to figure out if the file is actually different on each device or if it's just a timestamp issue but the files are actually the same). I agree that a progress indicator is a useful addition, so I can work on adding that, although I'm going to have to figure out how many steps the progress indicator should have, because it has to iterate through every song, every file, every group, then there are extra steps with updating the database on the client side, sending necessary files over, etc. For some of the steps, I won't know at the start how many operations will be required (i.e. how many files the server might need to send to the client). So I may decide to have the progress indicator reset to 0% between each step of the merge. I'll have to think about what is the most meaningful to a user. I imagine most people don't care about where they are in a certain phase of the merge, so they just want an overall progress, which means the progress bar would appear to be stuck at certain percentages while a long operation is proceeding.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Information for beta testing library sync feature - by Zubersoft - 06-01-2018, 03:00 AM