• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information for beta testing library sync feature
Another report from me.

The new build seems to work a bit better for me. I'm still testing the Android build for now and tried to sync from my tablet (Sony Xperia Z4 with 7.1) to my mobile (Sony Xperia Z1 with 8.0).

My songfiles are identical on both devices with just the number of the SD card different in the path. Just a day before I "synced" my database manually by copying the db from my tablet to the mobile and corrected the path with your utility in the settings. There was just one difference (or should be) between both libraries and this is a new setlist.

I set up tablet as server and mobile as client and started a sync.

The transfer of the database worked (and was reported to be saved with temp extension in a cache directory).

Then it started to merge which seemed to kinda work too (it didn't stop at the 8th file this time). But as Sciurius I'm not sure what it is doing and merging.

I choose to ask the user for action and I got for each file the comparison table (for which I think an option to continue with one of the three choices without prompting is seriously needed).

But I don't know what it was actually doing. I don't know why it prompted because there should be no difference in the songs and the song data which needs to be merged (especially not with the sever data). I chose skip to continue.

Also the comparison table showed the exact same data for the prompted songs. Even the path was show as the same on both sides (the path of the directory on the server device actually)
(I don't think that's a remnant of my path correction of the client db). 

I expected MSP to compare but to recognize there are no differences. Or does it try to adjust all the paths in the synced db anyway since it's from the other device? That's not clear from the messages and the comparison table.

Also, where do I find the log files, if you want to see them?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Information for beta testing library sync feature - by BRX - 06-03-2018, 07:36 AM