• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information for beta testing library sync feature
BRX,

Are you saying you want a "Skip All" or "use this action for all further conflicts" kind of thing in the merge dialog?  I could certain add a skip all option, but then that's no different than using the option to only sync new songs and groups. If I add a "use this action for all further conflicts" kind of setting, I don't think people realize the impact of doing that. It could result in a lot of changes being lost because they would be modifying songs using potentially outdated data. That's why the default option is to use the last modified timestamp.  Also if someone accidentally clicked the option to use the action for everything and then wanted to cancel, the merge might finish too quickly for them to cancel. If everyone agrees that they want this kind of option, then I will add it, but I want to hear more feedback first.

As far as there being no differences between songs, yet the merge dialog being shown, can you take a screenshot of that occurring? I wish I had the same library to test with, but I'll have to suffice with as much information as you can provide.  If the conflict was for files, and not for song metadata, that could occur if the calculated file hash was different on each device, meaning the bytes of the files were different in some way (even if the size was identical). If a file was missing on one device, this would happen as well.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Information for beta testing library sync feature - by Zubersoft - 06-04-2018, 05:19 AM