• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information for beta testing library sync feature
BRX
Okay, I guess I'll add the option and we can see how it goes. As far as your last request, there are some things that have to happen during the merging, or it can cause major problems later on in the merging process. One of those is ensuring that for each song, the files they are using and the number of pages in the song (i.e. the page ordering) is identical on both devices. If I can't make that assumption, other merging activities would become incredibly difficult and error prone. So just copying the database (I assume you mean merging the databases and not just replacing the database on one device with the other) and then correcting file paths really isn't that different from what I'm currently doing. If you mean literally replacing the database on one device with the other, then going through and trying to figure out how to fix the file paths, that is very different than the current approach and require a unique mode with different processing (i.e. a fair amount of work). Also, how would you want it to handle files that are misisng on one of the devices? If you want it to synchronize those too, then it's not much different than the current synchronization feature.

Johan
I'll try to see if I can reproduce the issue, but it would be great to have a copy of your library for testing if possible. I still do want to deliver the separate database feature - I certainly have not forgotten about that. As far as synchronizing collections and setlists, that's already handled if you check the "Sync groups" option. If you turn off other options like synchronizing song metadata, annotations, etc, then you could accomplish synchronizing just the group types. If  you think that's too broad and I need to let users have control over what types of groups are synchronized, I can look into adding that, but it's going to cause the settings to have to be reworked somehow to show checkboxes for that many things (and to track it all in the code). I'll probably have to use a separate dialog kind of like the "Configure Fields" dialog in the song editor.

NeoCZ
You'd think I'd be able to use that last digit, but unfortunately, I can't. When I choose to create an app store build (which is what I'm using for both official builds and the beta), it only lets me enter numbers for the first three digits. If beta testers are okay with it, I can keep bumping the version, but you'll want to uninstall the beta then when the offiical release comes out, otherwise the store won't deliver you any updates.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Information for beta testing library sync feature - by Zubersoft - 06-04-2018, 07:13 AM