• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information for beta testing library sync feature
I'm going to need some help reproducing the issue when multiple songs have the same title. I first tried restoring Johan's library to two devices, then performed a merge to see if any conflicts would be generated, and the merge completed without doing anything (as would be expected). I then tried multiple tests including:

1) Copying a song, and changing metadata in the second copy
2) Importing a file with a unique name, then renaming the song to match an existing song

In the case of #1, the client device incorrectly updated the existing song when it processed the copy. I haven't thought through how to handle this yet, because I need some way to uniquely identify songs, and title + file won't cut it in that situation.  If songs with matching titles and files are used, I may have to prompt the user to pick the correct song to merge if multiple matches are found. If people don't like that, the only other option I can think of is to match up the songs based upon their index in the list of matches, sorted by database id. This would mean that the oldest song on one tablet would be merged to the oldest song on the other tablet, and each newer song would be merged to the newest on the other, with the newest ones being added if no matches are found (i.e. if there are four copies of the song with the same titles and files on one tablet, but only two on the other, the newest two would be added to the other tablet). Thoughts?

I definitely can't get a merge to fail though, so if anyone can help me set up a test case where the merge fails (or provide me two library backups, one for each tablet, that demonstrates the issue), I would really appreciate it. 

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Information for beta testing library sync feature - by Zubersoft - 06-07-2018, 05:19 PM