• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information for beta testing library sync feature
Using latest beta (2.2.2) I've tried these scenarios:

1) Client (Lumia 950, Win10 mobile) with empty database, server (Acer notebook(Win10, April update) set to Update Client and Use data from the song that was modified last (other settings untouched). I get one popup window fo selecting a song. I wouldn't expect this considering one device has empty database so there shouldn't be any matching files even if "Use data from the song that was modifield last" and not 'Always use server' is used. Also after sync server reported succesful merging of files and waiting for client to finish but client showed error it can't create one of transfered files.  database was created on client showing all files but apparently none of the files was transfered to client (storage set to default win10 folder) maybe because of error mentioned before. Speed seems to be ok considering size of my database and files - about 1 hour for about 3200 songs and 700 MB of files (but none of the files seems to be transfered). There was a jump from about 75% to 100% of sync status. 

2) Same as before but changed storage location on client to SD card, screen set to always on. Same file showed in popup windows.  It seems both client and server ignored keep always screen on (maybe some Win10 version bug?).  This time there wasn't transfer error. There was jump from 75% of Overall sync status to 104% when sending of files to client started. After few file were transfered, server crashed and closed without any warning.

One idea - it might be good to add option "While Syncing" and "While Vieving Scores and Syncing" to Keep Screen On. 

Attached is log from server, don't know how to get it from Win10 mobile as I don't have access to MobileSheet LocalState folder...

Also one question: How big is impact of CPU of server on whole sync process? MSP used about 30-35% of CPU during whole sync. Is there any way how to use more CPU power? RAM usage was about 2 GB from 8 GB so this doesn't seem to be a limit.

Attached Files
.zip   log server.zip (Size: 71.36 KB / Downloads: 1)

Tablet: Surface Pro 8, 
Other: Strich BT-FP2, USB-MIDI connection to Kurzweil Forte 7

Messages In This Thread
RE: Information for beta testing library sync feature - by NeoCZ - 06-16-2018, 05:19 PM