• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information for beta testing library sync feature
I've just tried latest beta (2.2.3). For speed of testing I've removed two large collections from my library, so now it has about 1500 songs. Client was with empty database. I didn't get any popup asking for choosing right files and also any other error message. Sync ended with expected message, so for me this is a big improvement. Client seems to really get all files and db entries (MIDI, cropping, annotations, etc), so it seems like a big improvement of sync. Will try another tests during the weekend to see how it behaves with different settings and will also try merging two different databases. 

Oh, one sidenote: Overall status still seems to ignore file transfers. It just jump (after comparing songs in server/client databases)  to 100% before any file is sent to client so you don't have any clue how long it might take to finish the sync. I don't know how hard is to calculate this (only count files vs. count transfered data ) but IMHO it would be better to have some way to know (estimated) time to finish the sync job.

Tablet: Surface Pro 8, 
Other: Strich BT-FP2, USB-MIDI connection to Kurzweil Forte 7

Messages In This Thread
RE: Information for beta testing library sync feature - by NeoCZ - 06-21-2018, 07:21 AM