• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information for beta testing library sync feature
The problem is that I set up the range of the progress bar at the start of the merge, and I can't know how many files need to be transferred until the end of the merge. The only way I could provide proper progress reporting for that phase of the merge is to reset the progress bar back to 0 (meaning "overall progress" may not be a good description), and then set the number of steps in the progress bar equal to the number of files that need to be sent. Is that preferable to having a phase where the progress bar jumps a fixed amount after the sending completes? I don't want to have two separate progress bars, as for every part of the merge except that one, it creates unnecessary complication and slows down the UI thread by having to frequently update the progress bar position. If you want me to change the status that is output in the bottom window to show something like "Sending file 1 of 140: <file path>" I could certainly do that.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Information for beta testing library sync feature - by Zubersoft - 06-21-2018, 08:07 AM