• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information for beta testing library sync feature
Some additional info.

I had a look at the log.txt. And to my surprise it has logged comparisons up to songs with the letter "G" (and that's where I approximately canceled the process). So only the GUI and the progress bar didn't show any progress and seemed to be stuck. Not ideal but maybe I'll leave the process for a few hours unwatched and see if it finishes somehow the next try.

How does the sync proceed with source files already in the right place (but without a song reference in the db)? I hope it doesn't try to transfer the source file anyway but compares/skips similarily like in the normal backup? Also, will it leave other sheetfiles (not referenced in the db) alone? I'm asking since I keep a lot of other sheet files which aren't necessary in MSP (other formats or not included for other reasons) in the same main sheets directory like the MSP source files.

I'm trying my first db backup with the PC-companion (always refrained from it because of the size of the database (60k entries) and source files). And it's a really slow progress.
So I'd really like the option to "filter" and select the library sync data (by collection, album, setlist and so on) to reduce the time (and also to ease sharing parts of the library).

Also I'd really advocate the option to exclude the source files and audio files for the same reasons (which I'd like to maintain manually). The risk that a sloppy usage results in some orphaned entries is well worth the gain in time for the backup and sync of large libraries/dbs and parts of them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Information for beta testing library sync feature - by BRX - 06-21-2018, 08:31 PM