• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information for beta testing library sync feature
Quote:Adding conditions to what data is backed up by the companion (or in MobileSheetsPro itself) is not something I want to do. It adds significant complexity not only to the back-up process, but to the restore process as well, as I can no longer guarantee that songs that are referenced in the database will be found in the backup file.

No, you misunderstood. I don't expect something like that in the backup (backup is and always should be a complete backup IMO). And you can exclude audio already in the current backup feature, BTW.

I was just talking about the library sync which I'd like to be able to limit to certain collections, setlists etc. And if you end up with some orphaned entries with that you can always do another sync with files or use the repair utility in the preferences.

Quote:If all you want is to create a backup of the database itself without backing up song files or audio files, then you don't need me to make any changes. Just enable the "Expose Database" setting in the storage, and you can copy mobilesheets.db anywhere you want. 

I know. That's what I've been doing almost from the beginning. But since I've now 2 Android deviceds and 2 W10 devices it's not so easy any more to correct the paths. So I was hoping for something like the "expose database" way from within the library sync but with an automatic path adjustment that works equally for all devices. Or if you can improve your path adjusting utility so it works on W10 for Android db and vice versa, that would be fine as well of course.

Quote:If the progress shows 100%, you can safely terminate the process in task manager, and the backup file should be perfectly fine. 

OK, good to know. I copied the backup file before canceling the companion. That should do it then, too.

Quote:MSP first checks before sending files between the devices if a file already exists in the destination location. If it exists, then it does a checksum comparison to ensure that the file exactly matches what the other device has. If it's an exact match, then it will not be sent. If there is a difference, the existing file will be overwritten and replaced.

That's what I was hoping. It's important to me that doesn't delete "orphaned source sheets" for some reason because it doesn't find a reference in the database.

Thanks again for your time and effort.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Information for beta testing library sync feature - by BRX - 06-22-2018, 04:09 AM