• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information for beta testing library sync feature
If you want to be able to set your storage location to E:, you really need to have an empty library to start with, and you can't restore a library backup unless that backup already mapped all of the files/folders to the E: drive.  The reason is that, if the backup file wasn't created with all of the files/folders somewhere under the storage location you have chosen (and you must NOT restore settings from the backup as that would override your storage location potentially), then it will have to figure out where to copy those files/folders to. It tries to restore subdirectories correctly based upon the storage location that was used in the backup file (i.e. it strips the storage location from the file paths and then figures out if those folders and files can be created under the current storage location), but this may not always be possible.  If you are starting with an empty library, and you set the storage location to E:, and then you import your files from folders under that storage location, MobileSheets should recognize that it doesn't need to copy any files as they are already under the storage location. Some users have reported issues in the past with using the root folder of a drive as their storage location though, and I haven't had time to look into this more, so I don't know if it's still a problem. It's probably safer if you create a single folder under E: such as MobileSheets, and then under that you have your audio folder and your dropbox folder.  You definitely cannot have E:\dropbox\Noten as your storage location and your audio files in E:\Audio, as MobileSheets will not be granted access to the Audio folder by the OS. The only way to get around that would be for me to add a new option in the settings to allow users to add a list of folders they want MobileSheets to have access to, and I would have to persist access to those folders. That is a can of worms though when dealing with backup files and multiple devices.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Information for beta testing library sync feature - by Zubersoft - 06-23-2018, 03:00 AM