• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information for beta testing library sync feature
For a start I tested the backup after installing the beta of the companion to the desktop and also the appbundle for MSP.

I tried to restore the backup made with the old beta.

My custom storage location is X:\dropbox\noten as I explained

With the restore I got the message that I have a custom storage location that MSP has no access to and was asked to choose a location.

I tried choosing the location above again.

Now I got the message (on W10!) "You must select the following folder: /storage/emulated/0......
Please try again or select cancel to use the default storage location.

After closing the message with OK and the choosing cancel MSP nevertheless restored the library to 

X:\dropbox\noten

without a folder structure. All the sheets had been restored to the root of "noten". The links for audio still point to the root of "noten" as well without respecting the folder structure.

I repeated the procedure with a backup created with the companion beta with the exact same result.

On the Android device I backed up from was still the last beta though.

I then tried to copy the db directly hoping the relative paths would work. I installed the new beta on the Android tablet and run MSP once. I said it upgraded the database.
But the size was the same as the database that was saved by the companion for the backup. Interestingly MSP on W10 couldn't load the database I copied from the companion directory for the first try and restored an automatical backup.

The second try with the copied db from Android worked as such. But it didn't find the sheets and reported  /storage/xxxx-xxxx/Noten/sheets/sheet.pdf does not exist.

Is there some fault in my thinking or my workflow? I haven't tried the sync yet and want to get backup and the direct copy to work before I have to run through a sync.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Information for beta testing library sync feature - by BRX - 07-03-2018, 02:04 AM