• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information for beta testing library sync feature
Johan - I released a version 2.2.6 that adjusts the audio file paths as well. It was just a complete oversight on my part. Thanks for bringing that up. As far as the merging, I'm guessing there are probably differences in the number of calculated pages on your two devices for those chord pro/text based songs, and that's causing it to merge every time. I'll have to see what I can do about that.  With the continue button, if you click that, the server will go back to waiting for a connection from a client, so you wouldn't have to click the button again. If the client is not detecting the server after hitting continue, or the server is not accepting the connection, that is a problem I will have to address then. With the find missing files thing, I'm not sure how useful that would be in practice as most people probably don't have a mix of files with some under the storage location and some not. If you guys disagree, I can look into adding something for that, but I think there are probably higher priority things to address first.

BRX - When restoring a backup in either version (Android or Windows 10) it tries to honor the storage location in the backup file if you check the "Restore settings" checkbox. With Windows 10, permission has to be granted to access the storage location if a folder was picked outside of the storage location. Unfortunately, I obviously didn't handle the case where an Android backup file is restored on Windows 10, and the storage location can't be used for that, so I will add code to handle that. You should uncheck the "Restore settings" option and try again. I will say that your folder structure will only be restored if you created that library backup with your storage location set to a folder that all of your songs are under. So if you have /storage/xxx-xxxx/Noten as your storage directory, and all of your song files are under there, then Windows 10 should preserve your subdirectories. If your storage location is set to some other folder and you are managing your own files, then the folders won't be preserved on Windows. In short, set your storage location to that folder even if you are managing your own files otherwise the subdirectories can't be preserved. If your backup file on Android was created with a different storage location, you'll have to recreate it (and include settings in the backup file so the storage location can be extracted during the restore). Just to clarify, even if you don't restore settings when restoring the backup file, it will still extract the storage location so it can try to preserve subdirectories. So including the settings with the backup file is important if you care about your directories being preserved.

Did you set your storage location to /storage/xxxx-xxxx/Noten before updating to the latest version? If not, none of your paths are going to be relative in the database. They will be absolute and non-transferrable to Windows 10. I did release v2.2.6, so if you set your storage location properly and then install that, it should fix the database paths to be relative.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Information for beta testing library sync feature - by Zubersoft - 07-03-2018, 05:14 AM