• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information for beta testing library sync feature
I tried the new betas, too.

First I have to report that copying the database from Android to W10 kind of worked. 

Since I couldn't expose the db yet I used the db extracted with the companion to overwrite the db in the W10 local state directory.

And for most of the songs the stripping of the paths seems to have worked. But I encountered still some missing files or better some wrong paths.

I think I know the reason. After I installed the beta on the Android device and the db was updated I found some missing files (again rather wrong paths).
They seem to be remainders from my last move to a bigger SC card with another ID. I used the manual path fixing in the settings for that but just now discovered that
some paths pointed still to the old SD card ID. I don't know why. 

Again I used the manual path fix and now the files are accessible again. But on W10 (after the copy of the db) these files still have an absolute (Android) path.
I guess that's something I only can fix now with a SQL-Editor (again, do you have a little advice for that?). Or maybe with a successful sync between Android and W10 I guess.

That's what I tried next.

But the first "merging window" told that the file wasn't existent on the client and if it should merge. The path wasn't stripped for the MSP directory in W10 and it looked for and wanted to restore in "X:\dropbox\Noten\xxxx-xxxx\Noten" and not in "X:\dropbox\Noten\".
I'm 99% sure that the PDF in this case wasn't one of the remnants of the old SD card I mentioned above.

I chose skip for the the merge but got then the message IP:null. I guess I waited too long and lost the connection between devices.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Information for beta testing library sync feature - by BRX - 07-11-2018, 09:55 PM