• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAN I FIND NAMED PDF SONGS BY THEIR FIRST LETTER ALPHABETICALLY?
When I've bookmarked big PDF files, I've always given the bookmark the name of the tune. Then, when you split the files with Boxoft, you can tell it to name each split file with the bookmark name (actually, without checking, I think that's the default) - Bingo!, instant tune names for one pass Smile .

To answer your direct question, MS will sort as you have assumed. It's up to you whether you want to (say) name something "The Girl From Ipanema" or "Girl From Ipanema, The" - the first will be under "T", the second, "G". There's an argument for both, of course.

It may depend on how either you, or the band you play with, names some songs. For example, one outfit I work with will refer to "Foggy Day" - whereas the correct title is "A Foggy Day" and that is how I have it named. Not much you can do about this, other than remember how you filed it Smile .

Of course, you could have both and I do this for some tunes with both English and (common) foreign titles - but that just takes up space.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here

Messages In This Thread
RE: CAN I FIND NAMED PDF SONGS BY THEIR FIRST LETTER ALPHABETICALLY? - by GraemeJ - 09-04-2013, 09:01 AM