• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New tablet ideas
Hi all . New user here. Looking for a large tablet for my sheet music. I do all my music in lyrics and chord format so can fir most songs onto 1 page but need it to be big enough. Had a Samsung 7 inch. Looking at black Friday deals and not a large  budget so wondering if this will fit the bill? Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 Inch Wi-Fi Tablet - (Black) (2 GB RAM, 32 GB eMMc, Android 6.0, UK Version) £170 on Amazon... Any other thoughts gratefully received
(11-21-2018, 07:36 PM)diva1deb Wrote: Hi all . New user here. Looking for a large tablet for my sheet music. I do all my music in lyrics and chord format so can fir most songs onto 1 page but need it to be big enough. Had a Samsung 7 inch. Looking at black Friday deals and not a large  budget so wondering if this will fit the bill? Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 Inch Wi-Fi Tablet - (Black) (2 GB RAM, 32 GB eMMc, Android 6.0, UK Version Pnr Status TextNow VPN) £170 on Amazon... Any other thoughts gratefully received

Hi,

The tablet market is very slow, if you want quality there are only two choices : the Apple iPad and the Saumsung Galaxy Tab.

There is other chinese marks but not close in quality. So the Galaxy Tab is what I suggess.
Be aware there is no IOS version of MSP at present, so the iPad is not an option.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(02-02-2019, 02:05 AM)nour Wrote: Hi,
The tablet market is very slow, if you want quality there are only two choices : the Apple iPad and the Saumsung Galaxy Tab.

There is other chinese marks but not close in quality. So the Galaxy Tab is what I suggess.

Of course there are more options now. Google is speeding up the development of ChromeOS with native Android app support. With more to come (tablets) this February/year.
Already on the the market are two 12.3" ChromeOS tablets:
- Google's Pixel Slate
and
- HP Chromebook x2
Both with 3:2 aspect ratio high res displays.

Lastly if you want to avoid using device developed in Gina there is the option of rooting Sony's DPT-RP1 with 13.3" EInk screen. Just be aware that Bluetooth pedal functionality is still work in progress.
If you have no price limit...prefer Samsung Galaxy S2 Tab it is an excellent choice for sheet music. It arrives with a 2048*1536 (QXGA) along with AMOLED touch screen which gives smooth performance. I think it is very useful to you.
I would prefer something larger than 9.7".
Johan
www.johanvromans.nlwww.howsagoin.nlwww.hetgeluidvanseptember.nl
Asus Zenpad (Z300M) 10.1", Android 7.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (N8010) 10.1", Android 7.1.2 (LineageOS) (backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0 (emergency).
(04-13-2019, 04:49 AM)sciurius Wrote: I would prefer something larger than 9.7".

if you need more than 9.7 why don't you prefer Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 that has 10.5
In one of the groups I play in there are 2 15" HP 2in1's, 2- 13.5" 2in1's [1 HP, 1 Dell Latitude] and an Ipad. I considered a 15", but decided it was more than I wanted to use, cost and weight. The 2in1's work good even though they are a heavier than a tablet. There are a few 2 piece convertibles I didn't look at. I have an old Asus that worked well, but you have to pay attention and watch for unexpected separation of the 2 parts, base [keyboard] and screen.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Win 10
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Asus TF700T, os = CROMi-kk_R1 KitKat-4.4.4r2-CM11-US DEODEX, Based on Android 4.4.4
Nook HD+ OEM

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon