• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheetsPro for E-Ink Devices now available
(03-16-2019, 04:05 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: A specialized version of MobileSheetsPro optimized for e-ink devices such as the Boox Max 2 Pro is now available on the FastSpring store here: https://zubersoft.onfastspring.com/

This version is different from the standard version of MobileSheetsPro in the following ways:

- The entire application uses a light theme.  Almost all icons and text are black on white providing the greatest contrast and easy readibility. All screens in the application have been updated to work well on e-ink devices.
- Almost all animations in the app have been eliminated. This results in faster page turns, better transitions between tabs on the library screen, and fewer graphical artifacts.
- Freeform annotations with the stylus utilize special rendering on Boox devices allowing the drawings to show up in real time. This makes it much easier to write and draw. The stylus eraser can also be used when in freeform mode to draw a box around content to erase.
- Optimizations have been put in place for pinch zooming and scrolling to make them more fluid
- A new application icon was created that matches the design of the other standard application icons. 

If you are the owner of an e-ink device such as the Boox Max 2 Pro, this is the version you will want to use.

I may put together a short video clip of the Boox Max 2 Pro running this version if any users are interested. I am extremely impressed with the Boox Max 2 Pro now and I think it's a great choice for anyone wanting a 13" device with great battery life.

Mike
Really appreciating the accommodation for e-ink users.  In general most of it working great on my Boox Max Lumi.  However, I am not finding I have the stylus functionality you describe here or that I see in your video.  There is a lot of latency (way more than when I use the native pdf reader) and the eraser function does not work.  I've tried all of the display modes and it still persists.  Is there some optimization I'm missing? Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
RE: MobileSheetsPro for E-Ink Devices now available - by Bmagruder - 11-11-2020, 01:54 AM
Problem closing the Command bar - by palosanto - 01-25-2021, 04:52 AM
E-Ink Devices - continuous scrolling - by Hans - 07-10-2022, 05:56 PM