• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSP doesn't show up as an app when I want to share screen in Zoom and ManyCam
Hello Mike, 

Thanks for your prompt response. 

I've just been experimenting with your suggestions and it seems that Zoom is fine if MSP is not in fullscreen mode. It shows up in the share screen options, and I still have full functionality for Zoom when I choose MSP, so that is an easy fix for using Zoom in my teaching. 

ManyCam is a different story. MSP shows up in the app list if MSP is not in full screen mode, but when I select MSP, just a black screen shows. 

I experimented in both Zoom and ManyCam with Excel, and the same issues occur - it is fine in Zoom, but not in ManyCam. I don't appear to have an option to run MSP as an administrator. I ran Excel as admin, but still couldn't make it appear properly in ManyCam. 

So it suggests that ManyCam has some issue preventing app share from working properly, and it is not exclusively a problem with MSP. I will email the ManyCam help desk and see what I can find out. 

I have discovered a partial workaround for ManyCam: if I choose the whole desktop as a 'source,' I can then switch to MSP and use it, and the video recording will show my work on the MSP score in the appropriate window on the video. It means that it won't exclusively record MSP in the video - it will record whatever app I am working with - so when I switch to ManyCam to press the record button etc, that also all appears in the video. (Screen shot attached - the piano keyboard should be showing in the grey filed, but I don't have that camera plugged in at the moment.)

So I will still need to do a little bit of video editing, but it will be much quicker and easier - trimming is much quicker than having to make two videos and then edit them together, as I have been doing. 

Many thanks
Bee
Microsoft W10 Surface Pro 7 

Messages In This Thread
RE: MSP doesn't show up as an app when I want to share screen in Zoom and ManyCam - by Bee - 05-11-2019, 11:34 AM