• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSP for string quartet/small ensembles
(05-30-2020, 08:27 PM)otnt Wrote: Perhaps people should start mentioning their specific devices (in case of problems) for other people to avoid them.
What pedal, device (tablet/notebook), operating system (ans its version) or firmware is used.
Your poor experience might not correlate with experience of other MSPro users.
It sounds as that everybody should apply your "waking up" advice as a general rule.

My posting on that issue was a general one and not addressing a certain brand/combination, rather an expected power saving feature of a BT device. But I agree that a relatable definition of the used system can certainly help.

So here is my setup:
# Two Samsung 12.2" tablets (P900 and P905(?), with 2560x1600 resolution) placed side by side into a wooden rim, with Android 5.0; MSP coupled by BT, operating in master/slave mode with alternate paging
# Dual foot pedal Donner DMB-1, coupled by BT to master tablet

M/S operation works mostly flawlessly, provided that you adhere to a certain switch-on order and timing, so the MSP instances find their partners in due time windows. Songs library is maintained on the master only, and then copied to the slave without the installation specific settings(!) via a Linux host computer - that hosts the song library backup as well at the same time.
Pedal is going to sleep after some time it wasn't used, and then exhibits the behaviour as described in my former posting.

Btw: If you are lucky you get those Samsung 12.2 tablets as used ones for some 200 EUR. They are not the newest ones, of course, but do a very good and long-lasting job for MSP-only operation. Thy connection tablet-pedal is very stable. (Only tested in electro-magnetically "quiet" conditions in rather small private groups, though.)

Cheers,
Petra
Playing classical music on a wind controller hobby-wise - and tired of carrying around tons of paper sheets.  Wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: MSP for string quartet/small ensembles - by Petra-Kathi - 05-31-2020, 06:00 PM