• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing e-Ink version of MSPro on Onyx Note 2
Hey Bazza. Glad to hear you took the plunge. Looking forward to your review. I'm fairly sure that the Note 2 has the same OS as my Max 3 so it should be the same procedure for installation so I'll try and remember what I did.

I think I went to settings first and enabled installing apps from unknown sources (from the home page click 'settings' which for me is at the bottom of the bar running down the left side of the screen, then click 'applications' which is one of the boxes that comes up in the middle of the screen, then tick the box at the top right 'unknown sources').

I then opened the browser (from the home page click 'apps' in the lefthand bar then click 'browser' when the list of apps comes up) and went to Mike's website (zubersoft.onfastspring.com) and bought the e-Ink version and copied the activation code. The download showed up in the notification bar when it was finished so I clicked on that to open it (you can also access it through storage/downloads). If you bought it on another device then you'll need to access your email via the tablet on the browser and download it from the link in the email that would have been sent to you when you bought it.

I think it then asked me whether I wanted to allow the installation of a 3rd party app and went ahead with the installation. I pasted in the activation code when it asked for it and it's worked fine ever since. Let me know if any of that doesn't work for you.

I don't have the standard MSP on mine but I did have the free e-Ink version on it first and had them both on there for a while and that didn't seem to cause any problems so I doubt you having the standard version on there would be stopping you from installing the e-Ink version. (Edit: just installed the standard free version and it really doesn't work on e-Ink. I noticed that the files for the e-Ink version are stored just using the name 'mobilesheetspro' which is I guess also what the standard version would use so maybe that is causing a problem for you - if you can't install the e-Ink version then you might have to try uninstalling the standard version first. If so then perhaps Mike can weigh in on that)

Guy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Installing e-Ink version of MSPro on Onyx Note 2 - by Oz Cello - 06-17-2020, 10:38 AM