• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing e-Ink version of MSPro on Onyx Note 2
Hey Bazza. I haven't used much of the Max 3 other than MSP. The notepad is handy but the only books I have on it so far are the Max 3 manual and the MSP manual. I've installed a couple of apps (tuner and ear trainer) but doubt I'll be using them on it. It froze up for the first time yesterday while I was using the notepad. I re-started it by holding down the power button for 10 seconds and it was fine. The note hadn't been saved so it was lost but fine otherwise and I haven't managed to make it freeze since. I guess it might've been on for too long - I haven't been re-starting it much. Bit of a worry though as I'm poised to buy a few more for the quartet.

I'm using more functions in MSP the longer I use it. Back up and sync are pretty straightforward, custom group is handy for me (for different instruments until the versioning update comes), as is the multiple library feature. I've done a bit of writing on the scores using the stylus - doubt I'll do much annotating but it works well. The feature to add a note at the start of a piece will be handy for gigs. I haven't really used batch importing but the companion has been great. I've only used bluetooth for pedal/remote control but looking forward to trying out connecting multiple tablets. The metronome works great on conventional tablets but is less good on the Max 3 I think - audio metronome is fine and the LED and metronome graphic work (at least at lower bpm) but the glow setting doesn't seem to do anything on the Max 3 at all. If I need a metronome I imagine I'll use my phone.

Sussex is where I grew up. Nice part of the world. I was back there a couple of years ago - drove through the Downs and walked the Seven Sisters etc and checked out my old home in Ardingly. Pretty sweet there when the sun shines. You could do worse.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Installing e-Ink version of MSPro on Onyx Note 2 - by Oz Cello - 06-19-2020, 12:15 PM