• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artists sort order
The main problem I have with a sortartist field is that the field allows any number of values to be entered, not just one. There isn't an easy way to implement a plural "sortartists" field where you can specify the sorting for each value in the artists field. Unlike the song title, which is required, artist is an optional field, so it wouldn't make sense to have a value in the sortartist field without any artists assigned to the song. I think I may need to come up with a different way of handling this, like letting the user tap on each entry in the artists field and they can assign the sorting value in a popup for that particular field. This would require a new database table to store everything though.

I would assume "Bach, Johann Sebastian" or "Williams, Ralph Vaughan" would be the way the algorithm would handle those. Whether that's correct or not is a different issue. I could also change the behavior so it only applies to artists with a first and last name (so any name greater than two values would be sorted normally). I could also look into supporting a syntax like what you have described. I'm open to something like that as well.

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
Artists sort order - by sciurius - 07-02-2020, 08:02 PM
RE: Artists sort order - by Zubersoft - 07-04-2020, 05:53 PM
RE: Artists sort order - by sciurius - 07-04-2020, 11:31 PM
RE: Artists sort order - by itsme - 07-05-2020, 05:04 PM
RE: Artists sort order - by Zubersoft - 07-05-2020, 05:13 PM
RE: Artists sort order - by sciurius - 07-06-2020, 01:10 AM
RE: Artists sort order - by samibe - 07-07-2020, 03:09 PM