• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluetooth with Line 6 Helix/Yamaha MD-BT01/Widibud
Hi !

I have a problem using to control my Line 6 Helix guitar pedal with the Mobilesheets Pro application on my laptop / W10.
Until now, I was piloting the Line 6 Helix in MIDI via a USB connection and it was fine , MBS send and receive midi orders.
In order to no longer have to use a USB cable,
I bought a Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth dongle that I connect to the MIDI output and inpu of the Line 6 Helix but my HP Spectre laptop cannot connect to it via Bluetooth (MD-BT01 is made  for Ios but some W10 PC go fine, niot mine). So I bought a WidiBud that I plug into the USB port of my laptop.
I updated the firmware of the WidiBud and I am using the Widi Plus V 1.1 application with which I can clearly see that the Widibud is communicating with the Yamaha MD-BT01 which, moreover, indicates that it is paired. I configured in the Mobilesheets Pro application the WidiBud device for Midi input and output. However, no midi command works as well on input as on output.
Can you help me please ?
I don't have any experience with the WidiBud yet, but it seems like everything you've described should work. If you go to "About your PC" in Windows 10, what version are you currently running? I just want to make sure you are running a more recent version, as some of the MIDI functionality in Windows (for applications that use Microsoft's UWP MIDI framework like MobileSheets) depends on later updates. Just to verify - you said you are seeing MIDI messages being sent and received when you use the Widi Plus application? What about if you use a simple MIDI monitor in Windows (like MidiOX)?

If we can't get MobileSheets to connect over USB to the WidiBud, another thing we can try is setting up a virtual MIDI port through which MobileSheets communicates using an application like loopMIDI.

Thanks,
Mike
(09-19-2020, 05:05 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I don't have any experience with the WidiBud yet, but it seems like everything you've described should work. If you go to "About your PC" in Windows 10, what version are you currently running? I just want to make sure you are running a more recent version, as some of the MIDI functionality in Windows (for applications that use Microsoft's UWP MIDI framework like MobileSheets) depends on later updates. Just to verify - you said you are seeing MIDI messages being sent and received when you use the Widi Plus application? What about if you use a simple MIDI monitor in Windows (like MidiOX)?

If we can't get MobileSheets to connect over USB to the WidiBud, another thing we can try is setting up a virtual MIDI port through which MobileSheets communicates using an application like loopMIDI.

Thanks,
Mike

It works fine now, just forgot to set up midi parameters on my Line 6 Helix.