• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple of small bugs and a feature request
Yes, sync to cloud folder should pull over the changes so long as you've selected the correct settings. I would recommend setting the sync type to "Update Device" and the merge behavior should be "Always use data from folder". That should pull over any changes so long as the changes were pushed to the folder. If they were not, you need to push the changes from the other device with sync type set to "Update Folder" and merge behavior set to "Always use data from device". That is a fool proof way to ensure changes are always synchronized.

The name that is shown when using "Sync to Device" is the manufacturer and build of the device (at least when picking which server to connect to). If you are saying the server device is incorrectly showing the name of the client, i can look into that. Bluetooth is a different beast with this as the name that is reported can also be based on the name you've selected in the bluetooth settings of the device. I would never recommend using bluetooth for library synchronization though - it's far too slow and unreliable for large file transfers. As far as displaying error states on both devices - that entirely depends on whether they are aware there is an error. They don't have complete status over what the other is doing. The server device is the one doing 99% of the work, and just pushing data to the client and requesting data when needed. So it's the one that should always be displaying the most recent status. The client is not aware of what is going on with the server except for at a few points in the processing. While I could add a lot of unnecessary processing to have the client also report the same status as the server, that seems unnecessary to me and I think the effort would be better spent elsewhere. As far what you saw, the client finished it's processing and so it believe the sync was successful. I'm not sure how you got to the point that the server reported failure but the client reported success, as the client should only finish once the server has given it a message indicating everything is finished.

I can look into the issue with the page not centering when time allows. Thanks for letting me know.

The logic to determine whether a full page should be used or a half page is based on whether the page extends more than the tablet height. This seems to work reliably for me, so it's not working for you, we will need to coordinate and I'll need you to send me some sample files that aren't working for you so I can try to reproduce what you are seeing. I'll also need to know exactly what settings to use to ensure everything is rendered in the same fashion (is the title bar always displayed, what page scaling is used, what display mode settings have been changed, etc).

It is not necessary to to enable the option to "Check for updated files in the cloud folder". It's actually not recommended to check that unless you are manually replacing files in the sync folder and you want MobileSheetsPro to process those new files correctly.

I can certainly add a little label somewhere on the sync screen indicating what the current/active library is if that will be of use to you.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Couple of small bugs and a feature request - by Zubersoft - 01-22-2022, 05:22 PM