• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple of small bugs and a feature request
Hey, just following up this post because the same behaviour still seems to be there. If I filter a setlist then the library shows what I'd expect (pieces that are in the setlist AND match the filter) but when I try and load from one piece to the next it loads pieces that don't match the filter. Not a big deal because I just avoid doing that but I came across it again today so thought I'd mention it. It doesn't seem to be a problem with other group types. When I filter an album group or collection group the pieces load as I'd expect them to - only pieces that are in the album/collection that also match the filter will be loaded. The other behaviour I mentioned in the previous post is also still there - the follower tablet will sometimes load a different piece from the setlist when the setlist has been filtered on the leader tablet.

Also, just trying to get my head around a couple of the features so had a couple of questions. The difference between setlists and other groups is that when you load a piece from a setlist you have the option of loading all the pieces in the setlist for the purpose of speeding up loading when you're moving through the setlist. Is that right? I guess that might be why the first behaviour above happens - when I choose a piece from a setlist it automatically loads all the pieces in the setlist (because I have that setting enabled) rather than only loading the filtered ones.

It seems like setlists are handled a bit differently in the leader/follower function too but I'm not sure how that works. When I load a piece from a group on the leader tablet and then move through the pieces in the group it all seems to work as I'd expect - it moves through the pieces in whatever order they're in in the group, and the same piece loads in the follower tablets. I've tried that in a few different types of groups and it seems to work in all of them. The only difference I've come across is that if the group type is a setlist then it only works if 'create temporary setlist' is enabled in the connection settings. If that isn't enabled then when I load a piece on the leader tablet from a setlist nothing loads on the follower tablet. A message comes up on the follower tablet saying that the setlist doesn't exist even though the setlist does exist on the follower. I guess the benefit of creating a temporary setlist on the follower is that all the pieces in the setlist are then loaded on the follower at once (assuming that setting is enabled on the follower) - is that right? But then shouldn't setlists work the way other groups do in the leader/follower connection even without creating a temporary setlist on the follower? The setlist on the follower tablets have the same pieces as the setlist on the leader but they have a different custom attribute (the instrument being played) and they use the same pdf files but use different pages - would that be why the follower says that the setlist isn't found?

What other differences are there? I guess setlists can show up on the recent tab whereas other group types don't. As I mentioned in another post I was expecting that if I went to a setlist from the recent tab I would then be able to back out of the piece to the library view of that setlist (so that I could choose a different piece from the setlist or shuffle them etc) but it goes back to the recent tab. Is that intended? I'd expect to be able to do that on a follower tablet with a temporary setlist loaded too - i.e. exit to the library page for the setlist. It would be nice if that were possible.

Also some groups are available as tabs but not all and some are shown with the library filters but others are in the filters menu. Are there other differences that are worth knowing about?

The reason I ask is that I'm thinking I ought to rework the way I use the groups and I just wanted to get a better understanding of the difference between the types of groups.

One of the options in the new leader dialogue is to enable the loading of pieces and setlists in the follower. Disabling that seems to result in nothing loading on the follower. Is there a situation where you'd want that disabled?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Couple of small bugs and a feature request - by Oz Cello - 01-17-2023, 01:30 PM