• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple of small bugs and a feature request
Filtering a setlist does not change which songs are loaded. With other group types like collections, when you load it, it's generating a temporary setlist based on the list of songs on the library screen. With a setlist, the setlist itself is being loaded, not the filtered list of songs shown. It will break too many things in the architecture to only load a subset of the songs in the setlist but then allow other features like editing the setlist (which you can do from the setlist window in the song overlay). I could not load the setlist when the list is filtered and create a temporary setlist that you can't edit and have it act like the other tabs, but I think that would be confusing to the user in many regards. I would need to hear feedback on this before making a decision on the correct behavior.

I think if you want to work with filtered lists, the setlist tab may not the right way to go about that. Setlists are meant for organized lists that are played in sequence, and you would edit that list if there are pieces you don't want to have included. That's just my opinion at least, and unless I can hear a large amount of feedback from a variety of users, I'm going to avoid changing this behavior. Alternatively, just go to Settings->Library Settings and turn off "Always Load Whole Setlist". Now individual songs will be loaded, and if you enable "Automatically Load Next Song", then it will behave exactly as you are desiring - it will load one song at a time, and if you turn to the next song, it will show the next song from the library screen, which respects the filtered list.

As far as the issue you saw - MobileSheets will match setlists based on name. If MobileSheets says it can't find a matching setlist on the follower device, I'm assuming that's because the names must be different in some way. I just tested loading a setlist on one tablet called "Test" and the same setlist was loaded on the other tablet. Both setlists used completely different songs in this test, so that is allowed. MobileSheets really matches on just the name.

If you go from the library screen to the song display and then back, it's always going to return to whichever tab was last visible. If you select something on the recent tab, it's going to go back to the recent tab. I think it would be unexpected behavior to have it switch to the setlist tab if a setlist was loaded. If users wanted that behavior, it could be optional, but that's not going to be the default behavior. 

You can enable any tabs you want under Settings->Library Settings->Tab Selection and Order. All group types are the same except for Setlists. Setlists are managed in the database differently and can't be used for filtering. They can be shared, whereas other group types can't currently be shared as .msf. You can add setlist notes when loading a setlist whereas you can't do that with other group types. Setlists default to manual sorting whereas other group types default to alphabetic sorting. There are library options to create setlists from selections or add songs to an existing setlist. There are the same options for collections but not for other group types. I plan to address this at some point so the options are consistent between all group types. 

As far as your last question - if page turns need to be synchronized, but each musician has to load a different version of a file and they are not utilizing other means to sync up songs across devices, then that would be the only case I can think of where you'd want to disable that setting.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Couple of small bugs and a feature request - by Zubersoft - 01-18-2023, 06:13 AM