• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sync library copying files that haven't changed
Hello,
One point identified:
I use smart buttons to load and play audio tracks. This leads to re-sync due to different audio file location (see screenshot attached, sorry for bad quality...).
Hope this helps.    

Michael
Chuwi Hi 13 (Win10) with MSP (Main device)
Android tablet wit MSP (backup)
Xiaomi Mi9 with MSP
Desktop PC (Win10) with MSP
I use a pedal, so that doesn't appear to apply to my situation.
I imported the second .msf file you sent me on my Surface Pro 4, synchronized my PC to the Surface Pro 4, and it did send over the files for the song. This is most likely because the timestamp for the songs on the two devices didn't match, so it forced the Surface Pro 4 to match the PC. If I synchronize a second time, then no changes were detected and no files were sent. I'm going to see if I can identify why files were transmitted on the first synchronize (I would think the CRC check should have identified that the files were identical on each device) but I still don't have a way of reproducing what you all are seeing where the same songs are flagged as different each time. Perhaps if I solve the issue with files being transmitted unnecessarily after the first sync, this will solve what you are seeing as well.

EDIT:
Looks like I spoke too soon. I had forgotten that I had cleaned up the audio files so that there weren't duplicates. If I clean up the song on both devices so that there are no duplicates and then I sync, I see nothing sent. So I still have no way of reproducing any issues at the moment. I will test with smart buttons with different paths next. wthalliii, if you can, please try removing all the duplicate audio files, then sync again and see if anything is transmitted that you believe shouldn't be.

Mike
Okay, I will try that.
I've updated the code when comparing smart buttons so that it only looks at the file name, not the full file path. This should at least stop some of the songs from being merged unnecessarily for users utilizing smart buttons that point to audio files.

Mike
Okay. That took a while. I had nearly 50 songs with problems, and some of them had 50 or more attached files. Well, not 50 files attached, but 50 or more listed with lots of repeats. Anyway, took a couple of hours, but I got them all out, and the sync I did after that had none of the unnecessary file transmissions.

Thanks. I'll keep my eye out for this happening again, and perhaps I can remember what I did differently that triggers the problem.
The duplicate files were caused by a bug in a previous version. That has since been fixed so you should no longer encounter that problem. I'm glad to hear the sync goes through properly now.

Mike
(03-31-2021, 12:33 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: The duplicate files were caused by a bug in a previous version. That has since been fixed so you should no longer encounter that problem. I'm glad to hear the sync goes through properly now.

Mike

Thanks, Mike. I appreciate it.
Just a thought..... Maybe there could be an Option to exclude the pdf or whatever the originial Files are from synching. Just the library Database will be synched. This could be usefull for all those with own folder structure on a different Location. My folders with the scanned music are always in sync with an external tool and on an sd card. after the sync a simple click on the automatic file path correction could find the Files, and this will prevent Files being copied again into the mobilesheets folder.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
Hello,
Just a feedback from my side: all issues seem to be solved with all updates for Windows and Android, everything is working now as expected!
Mike, great thanks for your continous effort to improve Mobilesheets!

Just an additiional question: is it possible to exclude the loudness setting of the audio player from synchronization? I need sometimes different settings on different devices..

Thanks!
Chuwi Hi 13 (Win10) with MSP (Main device)
Android tablet wit MSP (backup)
Xiaomi Mi9 with MSP
Desktop PC (Win10) with MSP
It's not currently possible to exclude the audio player volume when synchronizing, unfortunately, as the volume is tied to each track, and you can't choose not to synchronize audio track data.

Mike
(05-01-2021, 05:40 PM)McAroni Wrote: Just a thought..... Maybe there could be an Option to exclude the pdf or whatever the originial Files are from synching. Just the library Database will be synched. This could be usefull for all those with own folder structure on a different Location. My folders with the scanned music are always in sync with an external tool and on an sd card. after the sync a simple click on the automatic file path correction could find the Files, and this will prevent Files being copied again into the mobilesheets folder.

Mike do you think this could be possible as a Feature request?
Quote:Mike do you think this could be possible as a Feature request?

Well, at least it is an old one of mine. But more users asking for it is moving it up on the todolist.

Also, regarding the exclusion of audio volume. My  batch edit suggestion in https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=7387
would be a good workaround for this request. Not quite for the exclusion in a sync. But for a quick adjustment on the device in question after a sync.

One could put all the songs you need with the different audio level in a collection and edit them in one quick batch change if that feature
is available. So I think I prefer that to an adjustable default volume level.
I thought offcourse not a General exclusion. But a point in the sync dialog to tick on or off would be nice