• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding bookmarks to PDFs - for free
Adobe charge a ridiculous monthly fee for their full Acrobat product, which is required to add bookmarks to a pdf.  Other commercial solutions aren't much cheaper.  I discovered JPdfBookmarks download | SourceForge.net an open source/free alternative.  Open the PDF, select the page, and click "add bookmark".  Job done!

MobileSheets will use PDF boomarks with one tick of the "bookmarks" dialog.  Great if you have an entire book of music scanned.
True. JPdfBookmarks has been mentioned before (by itsme and others) in this forum and is a good free program.

Personally I'm using PDF-Xchange Editor in the Pro Version which is very affordable and does everything for my PDF needs and IMHO quite a few things better and more user friendly than Adobe (though I haven't used that for some versions any more).
(03-29-2021, 09:40 PM)BRX Wrote: True. JPdfBookmarks has been mentioned before (by itsme and others) in this forum and is a good free program.

Personally I'm using PDF-Xchange Editor in the Pro Version which is very affordable and does everything for my PDF needs and IMHO quite a few things better and more user friendly than Adobe (though I haven't used that for some versions any more).

Does PDF-Xchange do anything (in addition to bookmarks) that makes it particularly useful for MobileSheets?  Currently I simply scan to pdf, add bookmarks, then add to MS.
How to use an existing CSV file to add bookmarks to a PDF
https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=5298
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Well, it's an advanced PDF-Editor like Adobe Acrobat and AFAIK it does everything the latter does.

I prefer it for editing of bookmarks, changing the order in PDFs, put in links for the few cases I need them. Of course you can create, ocr, and edit PDFs in lots of ways.

It's a very good tool if you have to edit a PDF. But apart from bookmarks you won't need that much often for MSP I guess. Especially after the last annotations update.