• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jpg batch import
(06-24-2013, 04:24 PM)Harry_M Wrote:
(06-22-2013, 12:13 PM)jeffn1 Wrote: Do most people just keep the songs as pdf's? I would lean toward that (that is the way I have handled them in my current using (windows XP and Charttrax).

I have all my songs as pdfs - they are often smaller, multipage and more compatible. Even if I scan a new song as jpg, I first print it as pdf.

Thanks, that is the way I will do. I will just keep each individual song (usually not too many pages) in pdf formart.

This will avoid adding extra complexity (at the sacrifice of some flexibility in terms of using big documents (real books) and being able to place pages out of order).
(06-25-2012, 03:24 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I can definitely add a checkbox with an option to treat each file as an individual song if this will be useful to anyone.

Dear Mr Zuberman,

I just boughy your program, that I find indeed outstanding, but I am a little disappointed for the fact that i cannot batch import jpg files.
I keep my jpgs in separate folders named as the song title.
Unfortunately, as others have reported, when i batch all these songs, the program creates one song for every jpg and not one song for directory.
Have you or someone else found a solution to this problem? As you surely understand it's quite annoying having to import hundreds of songs one by one.
Thank you very much.
Nicola
Hello Nicola,

The current batch import logic looks for similarly named files, and groups those into songs. For example, if I had a song named "ABC", and my jpgs were named "ABC1.jpg, ABC2.jpg, ABC3.jpg" and so on, they would all be grouped into one song. How are you naming your jpgs in the separate folders? If you use a pattern and need to convert them all to match what MobileSheets does, I would be happy to write a little script/program that you could execute to update all the filenames to match the folder names plus numbers.

Mike

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon