• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting from scratch from iPad and MusicPad
My entire (nearly 5,000) items is specified by filename-title (Haydn - Trumpet concerto) There is no data giving composer or title or artist (don't see this ever being used... who would be an artist on Beethoven - Symphony No. 4? I'm ONLY dealing with sheet music)

So unless I misunderstood, to pick something for a set list, I'd have only the list of 5,000 titles to choose from. That doesn't seem workable.

One other issue I have - being a trumpet player, I have LOTS of public domain orchestral trumpet parts. I also have lots of those sent to me by a friend. There are duplicate titles. The ones I have played I have edited and straighted out and cropped prior to putting them in. The others are just as they came to me and I haven't needed them so nothing has been done with them. So I COULD have a "Beethoven - Symphony No. 5" in my "ORCH PLAYED" folder and one in my "ORCH FROM JERRY" folder. On the old MusicPad I could navigate to either folder and pick the one I want for my setlist. On the iPad, where they are all in different "tags" I can go to the "ORCH PLAYED" tag or the "ORCH FROM JERRY" tag and put either in my setlist. It seems like duplicate filenames are OK if they have different tags. As I typed that it doesn't seem correct that duplicates are allowed!! But it's late a night.

It seems like I could make a Collection of "ORCH FROM JERRY" and a collection of "ORCH PLAYED" and then pick what I want from either collection. That would be similar to "tags" on the iPad. But mass tagging was easy. Everything imported in the iPad goes in a "No Tag" tag. I could import 1000 solos, all go the "no tag" list, I select all, edit, and in the tag field put "Solo" and I'm done. Is there any way to import 1000 solos, easily select them and put them all in a "Solo" collection?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Starting from scratch from iPad and MusicPad - by tromba - 08-31-2021, 01:03 PM