• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Is device synchronization expected to sync setlists?
#1
I've been using device synchronization to copy my library from my tablet to my phone (both running Android), and as far as I can tell it's working perfectly with songs, albums and collections.

But today I noticed that it isn't synchronizing the contents of setlists. Both devices have the same list of setlists, but some of the ones on the phone are missing at least one of the songs which should be included (and which is included on the tablet).

I always sync in the same direction (tablet to phone), and while it's probably unrelated, the song which is missing from some setlists on the phone happens to be one for which I updated the PDF file yesterday.

This is by no means a serious problem, but I'm wondering whether it's a minor bug or just working as expected.
Reply
#2
What merge behavior did you select? If you selected the behavior to use whichever setlist was modified last, it's possible the setlist on the phone has a last modified timestamp that is later than the tablet, so it's effectively being ignored. If you select the merge behavior to always use the changes from the tablet while synchronizing to the phone, then it definitely should have forced the setlist on the phone to match the tablet. 

Mike
Reply
#3
(09-05-2021, 03:12 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: What merge behavior did you select? If you selected the behavior to use whichever setlist was modified last, it's possible the setlist on the phone has a last modified timestamp that is later than the tablet, so it's effectively being ignored. If you select the merge behavior to always use the changes from the tablet while synchronizing to the phone, then it definitely should have forced the setlist on the phone to match the tablet. 

Mike

I did indeed have it set to use the newest file from either device, and changing it to use only files from the server fixed the problem.

That still leaves two things I don't understand, the first of which is that I never update anything on the phone, so I have no idea how it could have had a newer timestamp for the setlist in question.

The second thing is that, with the tablet and phone both on the same wireless network, in the same room as the router, and sitting next to each other on the same table, it just took four attempts to start the synchronization before the phone was able to find the server running on the tablet.

But neither of these are important; what matters is that it worked in the end.

Thank you!
Reply


Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)


  Theme © 2014 iAndrew  
Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2021 MyBB Group.