• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backup difficulties
Photo 
Hi there,
can someone help me with my following problem? I cannot create a backup of my tablet "Samsung Tab S5e" on a USB stick, the USB stick is not recognized by Moblilesheets. It works fine with my smartphone Xiaomi Mi 9 and the LeEco. Furthermore, I cannot create a backup on Dropbox. From none of my devices. (2 smartphones, 2 tablets) the message "Error during upload" is always displayed
Greetings Achim!

Hallo,
kann mir jemand bei meinem folgenden Problem helfen? Von meinem Tablet "Samsung Tab S5e kann ich kein Backup auf einen Usb Stick erstellen, der Usb -Stick wird von Moblilesheets nicht erkannt. Von meinem Smartphon Xiaomi Mi 9 und vom LeEco funktioniert dass einwandfrei. Außerdem kann ich kein Backup auf Dropbox erstellen. Von keinem meiner Geräte. ( 2 Smartphon 2 Tablets) es kommt immer die Meldung "Fehler beim Upload"
Gruß Achim!
If you go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, tap on the folder icon, then tap on the SD card icon at the top of the file browser, it should list all detected removable storage. Do you not see the USB show up in that list? Can you try just creating the backup file in the internal storage, and then use a file manager to move the file over to the USB stick? I imagine that would work equally as well. I'm not sure why you are seeing issues backing up to Dropbox though. How large is a typical backup file for your library and how much storage space do you have available in your Dropbox account?

Mike
Hi there,
The problem with Dropbox is solved. "Not enough storage space"
However, the notification indicated a bug in Mobilesheets.
The backup problem could not be solved even after a 40 minute talk with the support of Samsung. It is not possible that the USB stick can be selected. However, it works perfectly with the micro memory card.
When trying another app, a backup could be made with the function "Set the SD card". The USB stick can be selected and the backup is carried out. It doesn't work with mobilesheets.
Greetings Achim!

Hallo,
Das Problem mit Dropbox ist gelöst. " Zu wenig Speicherplatz"
Die Mitteilung deutete jedoch auf einen Fehler Mobilesheets hin.
Das Backup Problem konnte jedoch auch nach einem 40Minuten gespräch mit dem Support der Firma Samsung nicht gelöst werden.es ist nicht möglich das der Usb-Stick ausgewählt werden kann. Mit der Micro-Speicherkarte funktioniert es jedoch einwandfrei.
Bei einem Versuch mit einer anderen App konnte ein Backup mit der Funktion "Stellen sie die SD-Karte ein" durchgeführt werden. Es lässt sich der Usb-Stick auswählen und das Backup wird durchgeführt. Bei Mobilesheets funtioniert es nicht.
Gruß Achim!
When you selected the SD card icon in the file browser, what options did you see there? Did the USB drive not show up as an option in the list? If it does show up in the list, is the problem that you can't create the backup file (meaning you run into an error), or is the problem just that you can't navigate to the USB drive to select a folder to use? Did other app utilize Google's file picker? This is the same thing that is shown if you use Import->System File Browser on the main library screen of MobileSheetsPro. If so, they are relying on Google's framework to select the file, and Google has access to things in the OS that aren't exposed to applications. In order to support their file picker for creating the backup file, I would have to change a fair amount of code. This is something I plan on supporting, I just haven't had time to implement the necessary changes yet. The backup file will also be much slower to create this way as it has to go through Google's storage access framework, so if your library is several gigabytes in size, be prepared to wait for a while.

Mike
Hi there,
the USB stick is not displayed in the list. The following are displayed: "Device, application data directory and exchangeable SD card 1"
If you select "Set the SD card", "USB storage device" can be set and is also displayed, if you confirm "Use this folder", Mobilesheets goes back to the "Select file name for the backup file" mode without saving. The USB stick is displayed in the file manager.
Greetings Achim!
Hallo,
in der Liste wird der Usb-Stick nicht angezeigt. Es werden angezeigt: " Gerät, Anwendungsdatenverzeignis und Austauschbare SD-Karte 1"
Bei Anwahl " Stellen Sie die SD-Karte ein" läßt sich "USB-Speichergerät" einstellen und wird auch angezeigt, bei bestätigung "diesen Ordner verwenden" geht Mobilesheets in den Modus " Dateiname für die Backup-Datei wählen " zurück ohne zu speichern. Der USB-Stick wird im Dateimanager angezeigt.
Gruß Achim!
If you select "Set the SD Card", what you are seeing next is Google's file picker. So I will need to add support for selecting a destination through their file picker, but as I mentioned, the write speeds using Google's framework are pretty slow.

Mike
Hallo,
es wird nirgends etwas von Google angezeigt, nur Bedienschritte.

Hi there,
nothing from Google is displayed anywhere, only operating steps .
The dialog you use to pick a folder after selecting "Set the SD Card" is Google's file picker. That's what I'm referring to. 

Mike