• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Display size (again)
Currently, when determining how to render a chord pro or text file, the dimensions of the screen are used to figure out where to wrap text. This creates differences in how the page looks on different devices. The only way to ensure that a page looks identical across devices would be to support an option where you can define the page sizes you want to use for each chord pro file (with a default for this so that you don't have to set it for each new file). So if you know your tablet is something like 2560x1600, you could just set the default page size for chord pro/text files to 2560x1600, and on other tablets that have a lower resolution, they would shrink the page to fit (the same way a PDF page would work), and on tablets with a higher resolution, they would enlarge the page to fit. Normally, I don't apply scaling factors to chord pro pages because I want the text to be as sharp as possible. This approach would require pages to be scaled though, so it could slightly reduce the image quality, but there is no way around that if you want the pages to look identical on each device. I haven't had time to implement this yet (obviously), but it's high on my priority list as I know this is an important thing for users relying on chord pro files across multiple devices.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
Display size (again) - by sciurius - 10-07-2021, 04:57 AM
RE: Display size (again) - by Zubersoft - 10-07-2021, 05:04 AM
RE: Display size (again) - by sciurius - 10-07-2021, 07:59 PM
RE: Display size (again) - by Zubersoft - 10-08-2021, 03:10 AM