• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to set up the score to slowly scroll
The scrolling feature doesn't currently handle multiple different tempos in a single song very well. While you could achieve this using the metronome tempo, you'd have to start scrolling, stop scrolling, change to the next metronome tempo by triggering a touch action, then start the automatic scrolling again. You'd have to set the time before scrolling starts to 0 to achieve this without interruption. I can't imagine that would work well in a performance though. Some users have asked for the ability to dynamically adjust scroll speed on the fly, so that's something I will have to see if I can support in the future. Unfortunately, due to the fact that you can't really assign metronome tempo changes to different pages, I don't think this is the best way to handle this problem. Other users have asked for the ability to have more configurable scroll actions, so that you could indicate how long to scroll to a particular position, then how to wait, how long it should take to scroll to the next position, etc. In theory, you could then use this to indicate that you want to scroll to a certain point using a certain amount of time or scroll speed, then have it scroll again using a different amount of time or speed. I'm open to ideas for the future, but it's going to take a while before I can work on these kinds of changes.

I don't think you are really going to be able to keep the current line in the center of the score if you want to utilize automatic scrolling with variable scroll speeds/tempos. Instead, I would reccomend pursing scrolling a percentage of the page, and you can trigger that scroll with a pedal. So you could scroll 40% of the page, for example, then play until you are ready to scroll again, press the pedal for it to quickly scroll the page up 40%, then you play another section. If you use a smaller amount like 20-25%, you could focus on the center of the page, read about 20-25% of the page, then press the pedal to scroll again, and your eyes would just move back to the center of the page for the next part.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to set up the score to slowly scroll - by Zubersoft - 10-12-2021, 08:49 AM