• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to set up the score to slowly scroll
Most of my songs are single page pdfs but some continue onto a second page.
I don't have a pedal to turn pages.

This is how I scroll:-
  1. On the Select Display Mode (4th bottom left icon), I have Portrait, Single Page, unchecked, Vertical Scrolling, Unchecked, Unchecked, None, Top
  2. On the Scroll Settings (bottom leftmost icon, I have "Scroll Continuously To End", 8, Slowest (or Medium), Greyed, Greyed, 80 to 120, Unchecked, Unchecked (I don't use the "Set as Default" button)
  3. I typically crop the first page short so that a black line is visible between the two pages (this helps to remind me to scroll).
  4. In Settings| Touch and Pedal Settings| Touch Actions, I assign "Start or Stop Scrolling" to one of the areas (I now use Top Center but ISTR that the default is Bottom Center)
Just before starting the song (or shortly after), tap the touch area to trigger the scrolling.

After many seconds (usually between 80 and 120), the page scrolls smoothly to the end of the file.

Issues
  1. When the touch area is pressed, an "Automatic Scrolling" message appears but quickly fades away. As there is a long delay before any scrolling occurs, it is hard to remember whether or not you did in fact start it.
    Ideally, MSP would keep a little icon displayed to show it was active.
    If one has forgotten to start the scrolling, one can tap or swipe the song to get to the next page.
  2. Time consuming to set up each song: it is trial and error to determine how long to delay before scrolling - say about 10 mins (4+ tests, each about 2 minutes)
    It would be nice if MSP allowed one to "capture the moment" by pressing a button or similar.
This works for my songs as they are simply pdfs with chords and lyrics and have a maximum of 2 pages.

If you want more control then I suspect you need one or more pedals which can control moving through the file e.g. page left/right, start/stop scrolling, jump to link point etc

I hope this helps

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to set up the score to slowly scroll - by Geoff Bacon - 10-12-2021, 01:32 PM