• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to set up the score to slowly scroll
Thanks to both of you for your responses and ideas, they have been very helpful.  I think Geoff's approach to scrolling most closely resembles what I have been trying to do.  However my circumstances are slightly different in that my music tends to use a 3 stave system (vocals plus keyboard treble & bass) and in consequence it is typical for a score to be anywhere from 3 to 10 pages long which is a lot of page turns.  

I generally use Musescore to create the score and that allows me to rearrange repeats and jumps in favour of a simple linear score.  It can compress the score into a reduced number of pages, albeit with smaller font.  It allows me to export the score as a pdf in portrait or landscape format.  
My feet are already very busy with an octave worth of bass pedals, a sustain pedal and an effects pedal - so I don't want any more pedals to turn pages if I can help it.  

Geoff's setup is very close to giving me what I need - except for the timing.  It seems the gap between what MSP provides and what I think is needed is very small.  Basically the initial delay needed before scrolling starts is already provided in MSP but in addition MSP would require a calculation of the required scroll speed for each page in the song "the current page".  This can be derived from information already available in the MSP metronome (# of beats on current page, Tempo and Beat Subdivision).

I don't know how difficult it would be to change MSP to include this capability but I know there would be the following considerations for the user.  The score would need to be linearised to remove repeats and jumps - but many users have already encountered and resolved this.  Tempo changes or Time signature changes could not be accommodated in the middle of a song - but this only affects a small percentage of songs.  

Do you think this would be a useful and feasible addition to MSP and how could it be moved forwards.

Thanks for your interest and help

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to set up the score to slowly scroll - by mike146 - 10-13-2021, 09:13 AM