• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to set up the score to slowly scroll
Again thanks for your comments.  
I think there is a simple solution to the problem of changes in the tempo or beat subdivision fields that could occur anywhere in a page.  The solution is to avoid the problem by mandating that it is the score that is modified rather than MSP and that tempo or beat subdivision changes are preceded by a page break and hence apply to the whole of that page.  If the user has got the tools necessary to create simple linear scores, eg Musescore, then the same tools will readily create new page breaks. 

Yes I agree that MSP would need to be able to accommodate tempo and beat subdivision fields on a page by page basis in addition to the existing field "# of beats per page" and this is an extra modification.
Another very useful change that could be made would be to automatically calculate the field "Time before scrolling starts" as 50% of page 1 scroll time.  This would ensure that in a performance you would get to the middle of page 1 before scrolling started and the current line would remain in the centre of the screen throughout the remainder of the score.  It would make it very easy for the user to setup and in most situations all they would need to do would be to count the number of bars on each page (an easy task because bar numbers are usually shown on the scores) and multiply by the beat subdivision (usually set to 4).

I am very encouraged that you think it would be a great change.  I believe this functionality would be very popular and would reinforce MSP's reputation as a product leader.  It would certainly give me what I'm looking for.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to set up the score to slowly scroll - by mike146 - 10-14-2021, 08:29 AM