• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disabling volume keys in portrait/tablet mode
We have an Acer Spin 713 13.5 inch Chromebook. One flaw for Mobilesheets is depression of volume keys when placed on a music stand in portrait mode. The computer starts reading the page. A temporary solution seems to be cork bumpers on the side with volume keys. The top side has USB and power. That has to go up. Anybody know how to disable the volume key on the side of the down side while in use? This embarrassment happened when the device was first used in rehearsal. In a concert it would be a disaster.
You could try going to Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Pedal Actions and mapping the volume up and volume down buttons to actions that wouldn't interfere with your use of the app. See if this catches the volume presses and stops the OS from pressing them. If there aren't any actions you can use, this at least tells us that there is a mechanism that can be used to stop it from happening. I don't really want to have to add a specific setting to disable OS volume changes, but that may be the cleanest option.

Mike
You might consider using a tablet holder like this https://www.thomann.de/de/km_19798.htm instead of a standard music stand
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

I have a brand-new HP Chromebook x360 14a. When folded flat in portrait orientation it sits on the side with its power switch, and often pushes it (with disastrous results).
I solved it by taping a thin cardboard strip on that side, so the button does not contact the music stand.
I had that issue with a HP convertible chromebook. It went away after a few updates, but it was really annoying. Shift-Alt-Z is still written on my tablet to remind me how to turn it off, just in case.