• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorites in W10 is not restored from tablet backup created from Companion
(11-04-2021, 12:52 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Yes, if you restore a backup from the S7+ where the favorites reside on one of the other devices, the favorites should be included with that.

Mike

Last night in my studio downstairs I have my wife's old NotePRo 12.4 which I used for practice mostly for ireal pro but since using MobileSheets the only thing I use is my newer S7+.  I do keep the old one usually with a current copy of the MobileSheets file.

It's been a couple of weeks when I last restored on that old NotePro and when I checked it the favorites were there.  When I restored from the most recent backup from Google Drive favorites were empty.  When I created a few favorites and backed up to the device and restored from the device it kept the favorites, when I then restored again from the cloud favorites was empty.

My NotePro12.2 that I carry as a backup on gigs was restored from my laptop via the Companion app.  The results are the same.

This seems to be a new issue as prior versions of the app did transfer the favorites via backup/restore.

Just to Clarify, the main file is the one on the Samsung S7+ that is where I do almost all my editing with MobileSheets.  I have not done any editing on the NotePro's, and because the favorites don't restore to the W10 I have not done any editing there at all (W10 version purchased a few days prior to posting).  I have experimented with editing but nothing worth saving since I have no favorites.

So the only place where the favorites actually reside at this time is on my S7+.  The backup file is 911mb.  I copied the stamplists.json file on the S7+ to my W10 and it still showed empty Favorites.  BUT the file date was 9-16-21 and I have made massive additions and changes to the favorites over the last few weeks.  I purchased the android version I think in August, perhaps very early September but I used favorites very quickly to standardize the highlighting and box sizes.  There is over 2700 lines when the file is viewed in a note editor.

The backup file is too large to email.  Unfortunately I overwrote the original stamplists.json on the W10 dated more recently with the 9-16-21 version from the S7+ but neither had any content.  

Did something change with the updates or am I more likely missing a setting.  It always reverts to 

Mobile Companion is v3.1.4  I think it might have updated since I first loaded it when I purchased the android version.  It says it's up to date

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
RE: Favorites in W10 is not restored from tablet backup created from Companion - by Bass4Gsus - 11-04-2021, 11:44 PM